Workshops & Retreats
Workshop 24 June:
Yoga, Karma, Freedom
How does the law of karma influence our daily life?
Are we bound by fate or do we have free will?
How can our yoga practice lead us to freedom?
This weekend program with Gautama and Katherine will explore the elements of existence according to Samkhya philosophy and how our reality is shaped by karma. Learn practical tips on how to influence karma through yogic practices. There will be an introduction to Vedic astrology, which can provide insight into our spiritual nature. Work with the challenges of life and create success, happiness and harmony on all levels.
The program includes yoga postures, breathing practices,
meditation and deep relaxation. There will be a havan in the afternoon for health and healing, followed by kirtan.
- When: Saturday 24 June; 8:45am – 6:30pm.
- Where: Yoga on the RIdge studio, Queanbeyan.
- What: Includes all lectures, yoga sessions, morning and afternoon tea. Please bring your own lunch.
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The guest presenter: Gautama has been practicing and teaching yoga for 40 years. He trained in yoga ashrams of Swami Satyananda Saraswati in Australia and India and imbibed the essence of the yogic tradition. He has experience teaching students of all ages in schools, prisons, workplaces, persons with disability and seniors. Gautama currently resides in Sydney, where he is studying the Vedic texts relating to Yoga, Ayurveda and Vedic Astrology
Join the mailing list to be informed of our upcoming workshops.
Workshops and retreats offer the opportunity to deepen your yoga practice (sadhana), and to take time out and reset in natural surrounds. Each workshop has a different theme and focus.
- Exploring the flow of energy (prana) in the body
- Yoga psychology – understanding the nature of the mind
- Yoga physiology – specific physical processes
- Shatkarmas – yogic cleansing practices
- Yamas and niyamas – yogic way of life
- Yoga philosophy – teachings from the masters
- Mantra and yantra – the science of sound and form
- Yoga nidra practice and theory
Workshops to cater for small groups are able to be organised on request.